The conference theme was “Operational Optimisation and Cost Management using Remote monitoring technology”. In this context, Derel Wust spoke on ‘Modern mobile Satellite Technology for Monitoring and Controlling Remote Vehicles and Equipment’. Derel’s topic covered:
- Business benefits achieved by using remote monitoring and control
- Remote specialist staff can resolve a wide array of faults and situations
- The low cost of Wi-Fi, WiMAX, 3G and satellite communications allows many radio options
- Companies of all sizes can exploit remote services to reduce field support costs
- Two live logins were demonstrated
This conference was held from 23-25 June, 2010 at Novotel Brisbane in Queensland (AUS).