4Tel had the pleasure of exhibiting and presenting for our first time at AusRAIL PLUS 2013. The theme of the conference was “Driving costs out of Rail”. In this context, Derel Wust, Managing Director of 4Tel Pty Ltd and Mr Graham Hjort, GM Control Systems spoke on “Improving safety and reducing costs in NSW Country Regional Network”. Their presentation covered the following topics:
- Back to the NSW Country Regional Network (CRN)
- The CRN Train Control System Strategy
- Increasing Safety on the CRN
- Reducing Costs on the CRN
- Operational Examples from the CRN
The presentation was well received by delegates, with a number of comments received on the innovative approach being used on a real live operating railway.