4Tel 4PIDS™ is a turnkey software solution that processes GPS and track-circuit data* against route timetables to create a real-time information feed for Passenger Information Displays, Public Address and Customer Help Points.
The 4PIDS™ system collects the real-time position information of any train, tram, coach, bus, ship, ferry, light rail or mobile phone user. This location information is then integrated with timetable/schedule information and applied to a complex predictive algorithm producing an accurate data stream for each passenger information device.
The 4PIDS™ complete end-user solution features:
- Passenger Information Displays (Concourse, back office and waiting room)
- Automated Voice-over-IP verbal announcements to a Public Address (PA) system
- Customer Help Points
- Back-end web-portal for refinements to display and PA announcements
- A live data feed to mobile phone applications
- Direct inputs from GPS and signaling systems telemetry for real-time location data of services
- Software to calculate the variance of actual running data to the planned timetable for accurate service information. This includes delay, cancellation and termination information
- Predictive algorithm for the calculation of accurate estimated arrival and departure times for passenger information devices
- Live mapping data for geographical and schematic awareness
The service tracking information on 4PIDS™ is generated from the 4Trak™ centralised server which gathers position data from GPS receivers and/or track-circuit signaling telemetry*. The 4Trak™ 4PIDS™ software then compares that real-time location data with the current timetable/schedule for each respective service to deliver real-time predictions to the various displays and devices.
The 4PIDS™ system information refresh cycle is configured according to business requirements and real-time data availability. If the source of real-time data is lost (eg. GPS, track-circuit, fixed waypoint detectors), the system will utilise a secondary real-time source if available. If no real-time source is available, the system will automatically fall back to timetabled information for passenger information display. The system also features a back-end web-portal for local staff control of passenger information devices if required.
The 4PIDS™ solution can be configured to operate on a variety of vendor displays and legacy devices. The software is interoperable using open-systems interfaces for maximum adaptability to our client’s back-office needs.
The 4PIDS™ is a proven solution for real-time multi-mode transport Passenger Information Displays.
The 4PIDS™ innovative Passenger Information Display system:
- Improves the passenger experience
- Integrates the real-time running information of multiple transport services on a single display
- Is easily custom-configured to fit the needs and requirements of each transport station
- Has a full-time 24/7 technical support team
- Assists in network operations through improved situational awareness
- Aids station staff with timely information
Contact us for more information.