The 4WPS Vehicle Protection Unit (VPU) is a 4WPS Master Control Unit that has been configured for vehicle mounting. The extra functionality provided in a VPU includes ignition and vehicle telemetry monitoring, and access to car batteries for long hours of operation. The use of a VPU also allows small worksites to be quickly established and indicated back to the central Worksite Protection Server.
- Always-on monitoring of worksite location data
- Monitoring of a physical barrier at a geo-fence to generate an alarm if the safety circuit is broken by a track vehicle
- The monitoring of many site parameters
- Automatic alarm reporting
- Use of a specialised 4WPS server as the host processor