4Trak Web is an Intranet or Internet solution for viewing the location of mobile assets and then managing them via a web interface.
Field mobile equipment needs to connect to the 4Trak server via a mobile data service to establish a data connection for reporting GPS location. If the communications service is always-on as typical for a modern mobile internet service, then tracking data can be displayed in real time.
The 4Trak Web Intranet solution uses the best of public internet technologies in a private operational network, which allows new productivity tools and service options can be offered as they mature on the Internet. This approach also ensures that any original 4Trak purchase cannot become stranded technology as there is always has a public upgrade path.
The business benefit of 4Trak is that it increases productivity by allowing better remote management of mobile users and improves safety in single-person operations by monitoring their location against any safety criteria, with an emergency “man-down” one-button call.
4Trak also can be configured as a total communication system using Voice-over-IP to talk to any user being tracked. This feature allows “see it; say it™” functionality on any web page, smartphone or tablet, and avoids the need for any staff to look up a mobile user’s telephone number. This reduces wasted time and increase staff productivity.
4TRAK WEB Features:
- Provides email, text message and computer data alerts or reports against specified events
- Has ‘man-down” emergency calling display
- Provides tracking history and data logging
- Has VoIP touch calling for “see it; say it” calling
- Has layered geographical views which can be switched on/off
- Displays locations, telemetry and alarms from staff and vehicles
- Allows area bookmarks for specific webpage recurring views
- Uses an ordinary internet browser for the user interface
- Provides external data interfaces to other systems or back-office reporting